Friday, January 28, 2011

Why people hire the Geek squad

I had to replace my 9 year old CPU the other day. It's exciting, getting a new computer system, until you realize that all the files from your old system have to be transferred and all your very expensive software reloaded...all the while praying to the puter gods that everything will still work, which it won't because PC's are not PC. The operating systems have moved on without you. The registry files have disappeared, so unless you have that very important key that was taped to the edge of the case when you purchased the software, you are out of luck.
I accomplished most of this without a hitch until I put a cracked cd in the optical drive and the CD exploded inside my new computer...If this ever happens to you, don't panic. Open the drive, turn off everything, turn the puter upside down and shake it out...
to be continued...


No comments:

Post a Comment