Monday, April 19, 2010

Cutting Polymer clay with a Pazzles


Today I finally got to cut Poly clay with my Pazzles after much experimenting with thickness and blade adjustments. The clay has to be conditioned well befor rolling it through a pasta machine. I found it worked best when I put it through at 4 on my machine. To place it on my mat, I pressed it down firmly by placing a paper towel over it and then using the edge of my vinyl squeegee to apply it. I moved the rubber bumpers on my pazzles to the sides of the rollers before cutting. My settings on the Pazzle were 6 for depth, 9 for pressure and 1 for speed. Clean the blade and rollers after each cut. I will try more intricate cuts with larger pieces of clay. These pieces are about 1.5 - 2 inches.
I can't wait to try fondant next but have to get a new mat
Mari
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment